The rumours that have reached Beaton about her dresses amount to 'careless talk'. Was thrilled to have Beaton design her dress for the finale and loves the lilies. The only change that was made was a crinoline put underneath the skirt, as it had a habit of 'taking all the band instruments out of the orchestra' in her trail and tripping her up and sitting her 'in the lap of some fat gentleman in the front row'. Asks if she could have some of Beaton's sketches to frame them.
Frances Day. Typescript letter signed to Beaton.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 275 Beaton/A/A1/154
- Dates of Creation29 May 1941
- Name of Creator
- Physical Description2p Manuscript paper
Scope and Content