Is sure Beaton will enjoy Vathek if he will accept such a battered copy. It was written when Beckford was 22, inspired by the Christmas party. Later he had silk tents designed and camped out on the shores of Lake Geneva. There is no really good life of him. He once wrote a short one. Perhaps he should revive it.
Peter Pulham. Autograph letter to Beaton.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 275 Beaton/A/A1/436
- Dates of Creation1920–1930 (Undated.)
- Name of Creator
- Physical Description2p Manuscript paper
Scope and Content