Was thrilled to hear of Beaton's new distinction on the 8 o'clock news. Would like this letter to be the first to reach him from England, but doubts it will be as she knows he will get hundreds. His mother was also very happy about it. Longs to know what Beaton thinks of Japan. Knows there must be more to it than "cherry blossoms and geishas". Is glad Beaton has a sympathetic companion. Liked Truman Capote very much. Christmas has been great fun. Asks him to send a postcard if he has time. Sends her love and congratulations.
Vivian McCan. Autograph letter signed to Beaton.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 275 Beaton/A/A1/355
- Dates of Creation1 Jan. 1956
- Name of Creator
- Physical Description4p Manuscript paper
Scope and Content