From W W Boone, Catholic University of America, [William Werner Boone, 1920-1983, mathematician] says has sent copies of his letter to NPL and King's College, as well as to Manchester, as not sure where to find Turing. Boone explains he is reviewing Turing's "The word problem in semigroups with cancellation" for the Journal of Symbolic Logic. He likes Turing's idea of "two phases" for the generalised Turing Machine: "What a simple and yet powerful idea!". He then discusses this in detail.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 TUR/Add/23
- Dates of Creation24 Jul 1951
- Physical Description1 item