F M Colebrook, National Physical Laboratory, invites him to a conference in March 1953 on computing. He asks Turing to comment on a system notation for logical diagrams which the NPL want made into a British standard; he believes the system originated with [John] von Neumann and was amended by Turing. In his reply, Turing confirms he will attend the conference. He says that Neumann's conventions were very basic and are described in his "Report on the EDVAC". He asks for more information about rumours NPL is using ACE for language translation exercises.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 TUR/Add/86
- Dates of Creation3 Nov &12 Nov 1952
- Physical Description2 items