Image of a damaged statuette, discovered at site 6 (Lion Temple), depicting a kneeling figure bound with what appears to be a rope. Handwritten note with negative states 'Pl. XXI.2' and '6 M10'.
Meroë site 6: kneeling statuette
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/E/28
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 E.28GB 3431 M.59
- Dates of Creation1910
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (120mm x 89mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
The background of the negative has been painted with black paint to highlight the object.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang, (1911), Meroë: City of the Ethiopians, pl. XXI.2, labelled 'statue of a kneeling captive (height 50 cms)'