Image of Site 6 (Lion Temple), showing one of the door lions and a broken column. Album print marked '6 M10'.
Meroë site 6: lion
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/E/5
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 E.5GB 3431 M.34
- Dates of Creation1910
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (178mm x 126mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
The emulsion on the negative shows signs of extensive light damage.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Part of the image was published in Garstang, (1911), Meroë: City of the Ethiopians, pl.XXI.3, labelled ‘the second lion from the entrance (length 70cm)’.