Image of a fragment of a stela with winged scarab and a Meroitic inscription discovered at site 6 (Lion Temple). '6 M10' is written on negative. Handwritten note with negative states 'Slide 37 M1, Meroë City etc. Pl. xxIII.1'
Meroë site 6: Meroitic Stela fragment, reverse
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/E/11
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 E.11GB 3431 M.40
- Dates of Creation1910
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (175mm x 126mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
The stela is now in the National Museum of Sudan, Khartoum.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang, (1911), Meroë: City of the Ethiopians, pl. XXIII.2, labelled ‘Obverse and Reverse of inscribed stela (no.6) in early style’.