Photograph album, and corresponding negatives, from John Garstang's excavation of Meroë, covering sites in the south west area of the Royal City, including site 295 and the the 'Royal Baths' (sites 98, 194, 195), now thought to be the remains of a water sanctuary. Marked 'order of sequence 9' and negatives in box L'.
Meroë Album L, Royal City SW, (Royal Baths)'
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/L
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 L
- Dates of Creation1911-1913
- Physical Description1 photo album and 82 glass plate negatives.
Scope and Content
The majority of the images are labelled as site 194 though they actually depict site 195. It appears that 194 was used to signify the whole water sanctuary in the same way the Temple of Amun is 260.