Photograph album, and corresponding negatives, from John Garstang's excavation of Meroë, covering sites in the south west area of the Royal City, including sites 191, 197, 291, 295, 297 and the 'Royal Baths' (sites 98, 194, 195), now thought to be the remains of a water sanctuary. Album labelled '194' and 'Order of Sequence'. Many of the prints in this album were created using negatives elsewhere in the collection.
Meroë Supplementary Album L2, Royal City SW, Royal Baths'
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/LA
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 L2
- Dates of Creation1911-1913
- Physical Description1 photo album and 16 glass plate negatives