Photograph album, and corresponding negatives, from John Garstang's excavation of Meroë, covering the excavation of the Temple of Amun (sites 260-280) and sites 294-295. Album marked 'negatives in box D' and 'Order of sequence 3'.
Meroë Album D: 'Ptolemaic Temple and Temple of Amun'
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/D
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 D
- Dates of Creation1909-1912
- Physical Description1 photograph album and 100 glass plate negatives
Scope and Content
The whole site of the Temple of Amun was numbered 260, and the individual sites from 261-280. In the photograph albums, 260 seems to have been used to signify images showing several different smaller sites or images from the Temple when the exact site is not known. If the exact site can be verified by comparison to the other images the site number has been added.