Image of Meroitic inscription from the excavation of site 6 (Lion Temple), sat on a box of Pears' Soap. Handwritten note with negative states '6 M10 print for [scrubbed out] Album E No. 22b, Meroë pl.XXVI.b'.
Meroë site 6: Meroitic inscription
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/E/22b
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 E.22bGB 3431 M.53
- Dates of Creation1910
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (175mm x 126mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang, (1911), Meroë: City of the Ethiopians, pl. XXVI.b, labelled 'four sides of a second square pedestal (inscription No. 9)'.