Image of a sandstone protome from an offering basin in shape of a lion (left) and a small lion figure (right) discovered at site 6 (Lion Temple). '6 M10' is written on negative. Handwritten note with negative states 'Meroë E36, Meroë City etc. pl. XXII.2'.
Meroë site 6: Lion statuettes
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/E/36
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 E.36GB 3431 M.67
- Dates of Creation1910
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (120mm x 89mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
The protome is held by Liverpool Museum (Ref. 47.48.212).
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang, (1911), Meroë: City of the Ethiopians, pl. XXII.2, labelled 'two small lion emblems (Scale 2:3)'.