Image of Meroitic inscription 'No. 8' from Site 6 (Lion Temple). Handwritten note with negative states 'Meroë E13 pl. XXV.b'. Album print marked '6 M10'.
Meroë site 6: Meroitic inscription 'No. 8 (2)'
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/E/13
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 E.13GB 3431 M.42
- Dates of Creation1910
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (175mm x 126mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Emulsion on the negative shows light and handling damage.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang, (1911), Meroë: City of the Ethiopians, pl. XXV.b, labelled 'Four sided pedestal inscribed with cursive writing (inscription No. 8)'.