Image of a basalt statue of a 'Royal Figure' found during the excavation of site 6 (Lion Temple). Album print marked '6 M10'.
Meroë site 6: 'Royal Figure in Basalt'
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/E/6
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 E.6GB 3431 M.35
- Dates of Creation1910
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (126mm x 178mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
The background of the negative has been painted with black paint to highlight the figure. The print in the album appeared to have been created before the negative was processed.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang, (1911), Meroë: City of the Ethiopians, pl. XXII.3, labelled ‘Royal Figure in basalt’.