Image of the entrance of the ‘Lion Temple’ discovered at site 6, showing steps, a lion statue and an inscribed pillar. Handwritten note with negative states 'Meroë City pl. XXI No. 1' and '6 M10'.
Meroë site 6: Entrance
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/E/3
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 E.3GB 3431 M.32
- Dates of Creation1909
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (179mm x 130mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
The album print was also digitised due to the poor quality of the original negative.
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
The emulsion on the negative shows signs of extensive light damage.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang, (1911), Meroë: City of the Ethiopians, pl. XXI.1, labelled ‘View of entrance, showing steps, lion and inscribed pillar’.