Image of a damaged statuette discovered at site 6 (lion Temple), depicting a bound kneeling figure. Handwritten note with negative states 'Meroë Print E27, Meroë City etc. Pl.21.7'.
Meroë site 6: kneeling statuette
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/E/27
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 E.27GB 3431 M.58
- Dates of Creation1910
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (89mm x 120mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
The majority of the emulsion has been removed from the negative to highlight the object.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang, (1911), Meroë: City of the Ethiopians, pl. XXI.7, labelled 'statue of bound captive (height 53 cm).'