Image of a fragment of a relief from an enclosing wall discovered at site 6 (Lion Temple), of a war scene depicting a warrior spearing a man with a headband decorated with a feather. '6 M10' is written on the negative. Handwritten note with negative states 'Meroë Print E31, Meroë City Etc. Pl. XXI 5'.
Meroë site 6: relief fragment
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/E/31
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 E.31GB 3431 M.62
- Dates of Creation1910
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (126mm x 101mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang, (1911), Meroë: City of the Ethiopians, pl. XXII.2, labelled 'two small lion emblems (Scale 2:3)'.