Mandate from the official of the Archdeacon of Chester to the Deans of Leylond [Leyland], Blakeburn [Blackburn] and Weryngton [Warrington] to warn those who had hunted, broken down fences, cut down timber, etc., in William de Faryngton's free park of Faryngton [Farington] and Laylond [Leyland] that they should give satisfaction within twenty days under penalty of excommunication, 'pulsatis campanis, candelis accensis et extinctis ac cruce in manibus erecta.' Dated at Wygan [Wigan].
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 RYCH/1943
- Dates of Creation27 Mar 1354
- Language of MaterialLatin
- Physical Description1 item.
Scope and Content
Rylands accession no. R72175. Purchased by the John Rylands Library at auction at Sotheby's on 3-5 July 1933, lot 465, for £5, through the London bookseller Richard Jaschke.