A small collection of deeds and documents assembled by the antiquary William Nicholls. Most relate to Cheshire, with Lower Withington best represented (RYCH/3399-3407). There is also a single deed relating to Montgomeryshire (RYCH/3394), and a copy of the will of the 3rd Earl of Bradford (RYCH/3408).
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 RYCH/3393-3408
- Dates of Creation1630-1809
- Physical Description8 subseries; 16 items.
Scope and Content
Rylands accession no. R81524. Purchased by the John Rylands Library from the Leicester bookseller Bernard Halliday for £6 15s in September 1938, along with the Nicholls Local History Collection, English MSS 916-925.
From the collections of the Cheshire antiquary William Nicholls, esq., F.S.A. (d. 1809), Deputy Registrar and Secretary to the Bishop of Chester.