A collection of miscelleneous deeds and documents from the papers of Sir Robert Clayton and his partner John Morris. Twenty-six items (RYCH/3638-3663) relate to London. Places in Cumberland, Essex, Lancashire, Leicestershire, Surrey, Sussex and the East Riding of Yorkshire are also represented by one or two items each.
Sir Robert Clayton Documents
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 RYCH/3632-3671
- Dates of Creation1563-1725
- Physical Description12 subseries; 40 items.
Scope and Content
Rylands accession no. R78124. Acquired by the John Rylands Library from the bookseller G.H. Last of Bromley, Kent, for £7 18s 6d in March 1937 (Catalogue 223, Nos 476 and 480), along with English MSS 899 and 986.
From the Clayton papers.