The series largely comprises a substantial collection of records of the township of High Legh in Rostherne parish, Cheshire, including removal orders, apprenticeship indentures, Constable's accounts, and records of the Overseers of the Poor and Surveyors of the Highways (RYCH/4319-4507). There is also a handful of township records from the nearby townships of Appleton, Lymm and Northwich.
Cheshire Township Records
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 RYCH/4318-4510
- Dates of Creation1687-1906
- Physical Description4 subseries; 193 items.
Scope and Content
Rylands accession no. R91958. Acquired by the John Rylands Library from Herbert Hulme, esq., of Timperley, Cheshire, together with the collections which are now Rylands English MSS 971-985, in May 1946.