A collection of predominantly seventeenth- and eighteenth-century deeds and documents relating to various places in the Rossendale and Rochdale areas of east Lancashire. Bacup in the townships of Newchurch and Spotland, and Brandwood in the township of Spotland are well represented. Many concern the Holden and Hoyle families.
East Lancashire Documents
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 RYCH/2891-2976
- Dates of Creation1534-1867
- Physical Description13 subseries; 86 items.
Scope and Content
Rylands accession no. R78097. Presented to the John Rylands Library by G. Calvert, esq., in February 1937.