A contemporary copy of the petition of Roger Townesend, or Townshend, concerning payment of revenue from the possession of the Earl of Arundel, c.1595, together with a quietus for the Hon. Roger Townshend, Receiver General of Customs, 1760.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 RYCH/3494-3495
- Dates of Creationc.1595 and 1760
- Physical Description2 items.
Scope and Content
Rylands accession no. R82713. Purchased by the John Rylands Library from James Fairhurst of Oldham for £35 in February 1939, along with the Townshend Papers, English MSS 938-941.