A miscellaneous collection of deeds relating to over one hundred and fifteen places in Lancashire, dating predominantly from the 17th and 18th centuries. They are arranged alphabetically by place-name. Among the larger groupings are deeds relating to Bolton le Sands, Farington, Goosnargh, Lancaster, Manchester, Singleton and Tottington. There are also documents relating to Fakenham Lancaster in Norfolk (RYCH/401-403) and Stamford and Sutterton in Lincolnshire (RYCH/698-699).
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 RYCH/285-700
- Dates of Creation1593-1843
- Language of MaterialAll items are written in English, unless otherwise stated.
- Physical Description122 suberies; 420 items.
Scope and Content
Rylands accession no. R54098. Purchased by the John Rylands Library from Herbert R. Moulton, specialist in parchments, Fleet Street, London, for £20 in February 1922. Moulton stated that the deeds were acquired from various unspecified sources.