Image of the ‘loading point’ of the aerial railway used to move debris around the site, possibly over site 98. Handwritten note with negative states 'Meroë Print J39'. Album print marked 'M13'.
Meroë: Aerial Railway in use
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/J/39
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 J.39GB 3431 M.92
- Dates of Creation1913
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (188mm x 124mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Extensive silvering around the edge of the emulsion.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang. (1914). 'Fourth Interim Report on Meroë', Liverpool Annals of Archaeology and Anthropology, Vol. VI, pl. VIII, labelled 'view of ropeway-carrier at work'.