Image of the Augustus head. Handwritten note with negative states 'Meroë Album J5, Broken negative'. Album print marked '292 M11'.
Meroë site 292: Augustus Head
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/J/5
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 J.5GB 3431 M.368
- Dates of Creation1911
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (164mm x 225mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
The negative is broken in the middle and repaired with sticky tape.
The head is held by the British Museum (GR 1911.9-1.1).
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang, (1911), ‘Second interim report on excavation in Ethiopia’, Liverpool Annals of Archaeology and Anthropology, Vol. 4, pl. XIII.