Image showing the find spot of the Augustus Head on site 292. Carvings can also be seen on the stone blocks. Album print marked '292 M11'
Meroë site 292: find spot of Augustus head
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/J/9
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 J.9GB 3431 M.372
- Dates of Creation1911
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (188mm x 124mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
The head is held by the British Museum (GR 1911.9-1.1).
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 2, pl. 109, labelled ‘Door from SW. Bottom right: find place of bronze Augustus head, British Museum 1911.9-1.1’.