Image of bronze fittings discovered at site 299, thought to be from a bed or a chair.
Meroë site 299: Bronze fittings
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/J/29
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 J.29GB 3431 M.471
- Dates of Creation1911
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (188mm x 124mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
The ring shaped fittings are possibly in the Sudan National Museum. The furniture leg fragment is in the British Museum (136050).
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 2, pl. 136, labelled '299-2'. Full description of the objects can be found in Török, (1997), Meroë City,Vol. 1, p.169, find reference site reference 299-2.