Image of the north section of mural discovered on the east wall of a building at site 292. The image is thought to depict a god sat on a throne bearing the symbol of the Unification of the Two lands. Album print marked '292 M11'
Meroë site 292: East Wall Painting (left)
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/J/15
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 J.15GB 3431 M.378
- Dates of Creation1911
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (188mm x 124mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
There is a stable crack in the glass which has been repaired by sticky tape in the past.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Full description of the wall paintings can be found in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 1, pp. 148-149.