Close-up image of the footstool of the god on the north side of the wall painting discovered in site 292. The footstool is decorated with kneeling bound prisoners in various forms of dress.
Meroë site 292: Wall painting, left footstool
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/J/17a
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 J.17a.GB 3431 M.381
- Dates of Creation
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (188mm x 124mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Full description of wall paintings can be found in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 1, pp 148-149.