Image of the Augustus head taken on site. Robert Elcum Horsfall, Garstang assistant, can be seen in the background. Album print marked '292 M11'.
Meroë site 292: Augustus Head
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/J/4
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 J.4GB 3431 M.367
- Dates of Creation1911
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (188mm x 124mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
The head is held by the British Museum (GR 1911.9-1.1).
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in T. Opper, (2014), The Meroë Head of Augustus, British Museum Object in Focus Series, Pl. 8.