General view of the excavations at Meroë taken from the east side of site 904 and looking towards the north east showing the enclosure wall gate of street 925. Sites 902, 926, 929 can be seen on the right. Handwritten note with negative states 'J43'. Print marked 'Negative C2'.
Meroë: General View
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/J/43
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 J.43GB 3431 M.847
- Dates of Creation
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (188mm x 124mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Location identified by Lazlo Török.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Imaged published in Garstang, (1914), ‘Fourth interim Report on the Excavations of Meroë in Ethiopia,’, Liverpool Annals of Archaeology and Anthropology, Vol.VI, pl.II.1, labelled 'Left: streets 904, 925. Right: 902, 926, 929'.