The bundle largely comprises of correspondence relating to the Stockport Volunteer Corps between George Harry Grey (1737-1819), 5th Earl of Stamford, Rev Charles Prescot, rector of Stockport, Holland Watson, commander of the Corps, and William Henry Cavendish Cavendish-Bentinck, 3rd Duke of Portland, Home Secretary.
Bundle of Papers re Stockport Volunteer Corps
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 EGR4/1/2/7
- Dates of Creation1794-1795
- Physical Description1 bundle, 32 pieces.