The bundle contains circulars from Lord Hobart, Secretary of State for War, and Lord Pelham, Home Secretary, to George Harry Grey (1737-1819), 5th Earl of Stamford, (EGR4/1/2/30/1-5 & /9-10), concerning arrangements for raising the militia and making returns to Government. There is also correspondence between Charles Potts, deputy clerk of the peace, Stephen Leeke and Lord Stamford relating to the returns and the calling of a general meeting of the lieutenancy to discuss the matter.
Bundle of Papers re Militia
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 EGR4/1/2/30
- Dates of CreationSep 1801
- Physical Description12 pieces.