The bundle contains correspondence and minutes of public meetings relating to offers to form (or reform) local armed associations or volunteer corps. Many volunteer corps had been established in 1798 [see EGR4/1/2/23-28 above], but some appear to have lapsed by 1803.
Bundle of Papers re Volunteer Corps
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 EGR4/1/2/34
- Dates of CreationJul-Oct 1803
- Physical Description13 pieces.
Scope and Content
All pieces were received from Dunham Massey Hall on 12 September 1978; provenance: roll-top cupboard in Secretary's Room.