The bundle contains papers relating to the formation of an armed association or volunteer corps of infantry in Congleton under the provisions of the Act... for the Defence and Security of the Realm (38 Geo III c 27). The papers consist of correspondence between George Reade, chairman of the meeting to form the association, Nathaniel Maxey Pattison, Captain of the Corps, George Harry Grey (1737-1819), 5th Earl of Stamford, and Government ministers.
Bundle of Papers re Congleton Armed Association
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 EGR4/1/2/24
- Dates of CreationMay-Jun 1798
- Physical Description1 bundle, 19 pieces.