The bundle contains letters and circulars from Henry Dundas, Secretary of State for War, to George Harry Grey (1737-1819), 5th Earl of Stamford. They relate to the county militia, and discuss arrangements for disposing of the supplementary militia, regulations controlling the many armed voluntary associations being formed, the pardoning of deserters and returns of the militia.
Bundle of Letters and Circular Letters from Henry Dundas
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 EGR4/1/2/15
- Dates of CreationApr-Aug 1798
- Physical Description1 bundle, 14 pieces.