The bundle contains letters from John Crewe, Colonel of the Supplementary Regiment of Cheshire Militia, to George Harry Grey (1737-1819), 5th Earl of Stamford, and copies of letters from Stamford to Crewe. They discuss the embodying of half of the supplementary militia, appointments to commissions, and the stationing of the regiment in Somerset and Cornwall.
Bundle of Correspondence with Col. John Crewe
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 EGR4/1/2/18
- Dates of CreationFeb-Sep 1798
- Physical Description1 bundle, 35 pieces.