The bundle contains a letter from Lord Hobart, Secretary of State for War, to George Harry Grey (1737-1819), 5th Earl of Stamford, enclosing copies of the General Orders to the Army relating to British victories in Egypt. Lord Stamford forwarded the orders to Charles Potts, deputy clerk of the peace, for distribution among the various corps in Cheshire.
Bundle of Papers re General Orders to the Army
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 EGR4/1/2/29
- Dates of CreationMay-Jun 1801
- Physical Description7 pieces.