The bundle contains papers relating to the formation of a local armed association or volunteer corps of cavalry and infantry in Knutsford under the provisions of the Act... for the Defence and Security of the Realm (38 Geo III c 27). The papers consist of correspondence between George Leycester, the initiator of the armed association, George Harry Grey (1737-1819), 5th Earl of Stamford, and Government ministers.
Bundle of Papers re Knutsford Armed Association
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 EGR4/1/2/23
- Dates of CreationMay-Jul 1798
- Physical Description1 bundle, 25 pieces.