The bundle contains copies of correspondence between John Thomas Stanley, Major in the Royal Regiment of Cheshire Militia, and George Harry Grey (1737-1819), 5th Earl of Stamford, concerning the promotion of Captain Thomas Parker to the rank of Lieutenant Colonel over the head of Stanley. Regarding this as an imputation of misconduct on his part, Stanley resigned his commission and published the correspondence with Lord Stamford in the Chester Courant [see also EGR4/1/2/18/13 and EGR4/1/2/16/4 above].
Bundle of Papers re Lieutenant Colonel Thomas Parker
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 EGR4/1/2/19
- Dates of CreationApr-May 1798
- Physical Description1 bundle, 6 pieces.
Scope and Content
All pieces constituted original bundle '98': see the endorsement on EGR4/1/2/19/3 below.