The bundle contains an extract from the Bowdon parish tithe apportionment and a request for payment of Lord Stamford's share of the cost of tithe commutation in Millington, 1846 & 1849 (EGR14/78/2/1-2); a sheet containing notes on the number of houses and population in Altrincham requiring a water supply, 1853 (/3); surveys and valuations of property in Millington, Ashton under Lyne, Stayley and Dunham Massey, 1853-1859 (/4-10); a summary of major landholdings in Hale and their rateable value, ?1850s (/11); an agreement for retaking fields in Bowdon, 1869 (/12); and a letter to a tenant in Altrincham, 1870 (/13).
Bundle of Miscellaneous Papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 EGR14/78/2
- Dates of Creation1846-1870
- Physical Description13 pieces. Condition: flooding at the Altrincham Estate Office has resulted in mould growth, surface soiling, and weakening and decay of paper.