Written from Durdham Park, Clifton. Further account of Burgess' activities including the setting up of 'Working Men's Association' in Liverpool. Personally rejoices in such an Association but would not wish their Association to initiate any movement not in harmony with other associations.
Mrs Margaret Tanner to Mr Wilson
- For more information, email the repository
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb106-3jbl/3jbl/11/43
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 106 3JBL/11/43
- Former ReferenceGB 106 3439
- Dates of Creation25 May 1875
- Physical Description1 item
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
a 'Working Mans Association'
For note on this see letter of 20 May.
'That it might stir up interest before the 23rd ... and Petitions [might be] signed and sent up in support of Sir H Johnstone's Bill'
See note on this Bill letter of May 25
Biog: Mr W Burgess; Mr Bligh; Sir Harcourt Johnstone