Written from Liverpool [Butler's home]. To say he has decided to stay on all the week as Mrs Butler was not looking so well.
James Stuart to Mrs Wilson
- For more information, email the repository
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb106-3jbl/3jbl/11/63
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 106 3JBL/11/63
- Former ReferenceGB 106 3446
- Dates of Creation2 Jun 1875
- Physical Description1 item
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
'What a grand meeting it was at Birmingham of the Agricultural delegates'
On 26 May 1875 the delegates attending the Conference of Agricultural Labourers met the Committee of the Midland Counties Electoral Union (MCEU) for the Repeal of the CD Acts. After an introductory speech from the Secty of the MCEU those delegates who had signified their wish to speak were called upon and related their own experience as to the evils wrought by the Acts. (For further details see the 'Shield' 8 Jun 1875 p 157)