Image of part of the Meroitic inscription on the Hamadab stela A discovered at site 1000 [bottom middle?], possibly taken while the stela was still in situ. Handwritten note with negative states 'Album X 38 inscription Meroë'.
Meroë site 1000: 'Inscription'
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/X/38
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 X.38GB 3431 M.784
- Dates of Creation1914
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (101mm x 126mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Heavy silvering around the edge of the negative which is blanking out part of the image. Parts of the emulsion are missing and is pockmarked.
The stela is now in the British Museum (EA 1650).
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.