Image of site 1000 (Hamadab) during excavation showing the discovery of the great stelas of Queen Amanirenas and Prince Akinidad. Handwritten note with negative states 'Album X3, Meroë 1000 M14'.
Meroë site 1000: discovery of great stela
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/X/3
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 X.3GB 3431 M.749
- Dates of Creation1914
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (163mm x 119mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Part of the emulsion is missing from the negative.
The stela on the left is now in the British Museum (EA 1650).
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.