Image of a bronze offering tablet discovered at site 1000 (Hamadab), depicting two libating vases flanked by lotus plants. There is a metal object to one side of the altar. Handwritten note with negative states 'Album X24 Meroë 1914 votive altar'.
Meroë site 1000: 'Votive Altar'
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/X/24
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 X.24GB 3431 M.958
- Dates of Creation1914
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (62mm x 116mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang, (1916), 'Fifth interim report on the excavations at Meroë', Liverpool Annals of Archaeology and Anthropology, Vol. 7, pl.IV.2, labelled 'Bronze table of offerings, 1000 M14'.