Image of the middle right part of the Meroitic inscription on the Hamadab stela A discovered at site 1000, possibly taken while the stela was still in situ. Handwritten note with negative states 'Album X 29 inscription Meroë' and 'MR?' in another hand.
Meroë site 1000: 'Inscription'
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/X/29
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 X.29GB 3431 M.775
- Dates of Creation1914
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (126mm x 101mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Heavy silvering around the edge of the negative which is blanking out part of the image. Parts of the emulsion are also missing.
The stela is now in the British Museum (EA 1650).
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.