Personal data sheet, correspondence with Oxford Development Records Project,responses to aide-memoire with transcript, [1978-1984]; various other items, including letters and certificates relatingto war service, 1934-1953, loose pages from an album, with photographs relating to warservice in Africa (mostly Northern and Southern Rhodesia), 1941-1942.
Papers of Major Frederick E.R. Long
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Afr. s. 1715 (167) (Box 10)
- Dates of Creation1934-1953, [1978-1984]
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description56 ff.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Major Frederick E.R. Long served with the 4th Battalion, Northern RhodesiaRegiment, Northern and Southern Rhodesia, Madagascar and the Comores, 1941-1942.
Other Finding Aids
Listed as no. 920 (167) in Manuscript Collections in RhodesHouse Library Oxford, Accessions 1978-1994 (Oxford, Bodleian Library,1996).